VMware {code} Community
airseej
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Is there a way show a same global view in HTML5 client and hide it in FLEX client

Hi,

I have a global view and I hope show this global view in HTML5 client and hide it in FLEX client.

I set Web-ContextPath with ui/product_name in MANIFEST.MF.

I set <url>/ui/product_name/index.html?view=home</url> in plugin.xml.

Finally, I could see the navigator of this global view in FLEX client and get a error when I clicked the navigator.

Are global views always visible?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stoevm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi airseej,

Currently it is not possible to have one global view displey in H5 and not in Flex.

Possible workaround is to have the view both on Flex and H5 and on Flex to show a page with an error of some sort (Example " View not Defined")
This can be done using the Frontend JS APIs getClientInfo. Where you can see if the client is Flex or HTML and load the view accordingly.

Best,
Martin

View solution in original post

1 Reply
stoevm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi airseej,

Currently it is not possible to have one global view displey in H5 and not in Flex.

Possible workaround is to have the view both on Flex and H5 and on Flex to show a page with an error of some sort (Example " View not Defined")
This can be done using the Frontend JS APIs getClientInfo. Where you can see if the client is Flex or HTML and load the view accordingly.

Best,
Martin