VMware {code} Community
patrickhaefner
Contributor
Contributor

How to get the CustomFieldsManager Content

Hi everyone,

I tried to create a customfield-ui for the web client to show all customfields of a VM under the extension point "vsphere.core.vm.monitorViews".

Creating the View is not my problem.

I have it working to get the CustomField key and the CustomField value shown in a data grid.

But now my problem is, how can I resolve the CustomField key (which is a number) with the matching CustomField name from the CustomFieldsManager?

Is there a way to query the CustomFieldsManger Object to get all CustomFieldDef?

Thanks for help,

Patrick

Patrick Häfner, VCP on vSphere 5, vExpert 2009 & 2010 & 2011 & 2012 & 2013 & 2014, VMUG Leader Germany South
0 Kudos
3 Replies
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes, you can do that through the vSphere Web Service SDK (https://www.vmware.com/support/developer/vc-sdk/)

See the sample vsphereviews/vsphere-wssdk-provider for an example using the WSSDK.

0 Kudos
patrickhaefner
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, so this means I have to create a Java service plugin (like the sample vsphereviews/vsphere-wssdk-provider) to retrieve these kind of date for my Flex UI plugin?

Thanks,

Patrick

Patrick Häfner, VCP on vSphere 5, vExpert 2009 & 2010 & 2011 & 2012 & 2013 & 2014, VMUG Leader Germany South
0 Kudos
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yep

0 Kudos