VMware {code} Community
Ashok_Netapp
Contributor
Contributor

How to Externalize Grid Value Data in XML?

Hi,

Recently I am working on Globalization of Vmware Plugin where we need to externalize the strings(Getting the hard coded strings from the properties files.). Some Grid column values are called from plugin.xml file.

XML File.PNG

<com.vmware.ui.lists.ColumnContainer>

<uid>com.xxx.mUI.Address.column.name</uid>

<dataInfo>

<com.vmware.lists.ColumnDataSourceInfo>

<headerText>#{Address.name}</headerText>--- {Here i externalize the hard coded string from properties file,Like "Address.name" is the key name which is stored in                                                                                                   .properties files and based on the key name the string which is stored will call from the properties file}

<requestedProperties>

<String>applyaddressUpdate</String>--{ The column values get called from this tag where i am unable to externalize bzc of random values getting called from this tag}

</requestedProperties>

<sortProperty>applyaddressUpdate</sortProperty>

<exportProperty>applyaddressUpdate</exportProperty>

</com.vmware.ui.lists.ColumnDataSourceInfo>

</dataInfo>

</com.vmware.ui.lists.ColumnContainer>

I am able to externalize the column header strings but not able to externalize the column data rows.

Is there any way to externalize those strings?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
tganchev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Ashok,

Given that applyaddressUpdate is a custom property implemented by your plugin, why don't you implement a second property called applyaddressUpdateText. The second one will hold the localized value - say "Yes" or "No".

In the end - you'd use applyaddressUpdate for sorting (and potentially exporting) - and applyaddressUpdateTest for the text in the column.

Tony

0 Kudos