VMware {code} Community
walterwhite1024
Contributor
Contributor

How-To Acquire MKS Ticket for HTML Console

I am using vSphere 6.5 and want to upgrade but cannot due to the removal of the VNC server. I have the HTML Console working but only by manually acquiring the MKS ticket.

To obtain the Ticket, the REST API doesn't work, and mentions a tech preview requirement which I cannot locate. This would be the best option for us.

However I am also ok with doing it in Java or Python, but again am unable to find any complete examples. ( There is a snippet in the doc for Java, but far from complete )

Any suggestions on how to get the REST API working or how to get the "tech preview" for this?

Alternatively, does anyone have examples in Java or Python that actually work? (ps. no I don't need powershell examples)

Many thanks, 

-Steve

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Moved to vSphere Client SDK Discussions, which I think is the best of the {code} areas given your question

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
walterwhite1024
Contributor
Contributor

Any luck?  Support didn't know the answers, sent me here.

0 Kudos
walterwhite1024
Contributor
Contributor

@scott28tt Can you please help us find someone who can answer this question?

Thanks

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@walterwhite1024 I don't know of anyone - VMTN is a user/community forum.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
walterwhite1024
Contributor
Contributor

So vmWare support cant help as the they sent us here, and now this forum can't help?

We can't move forward with vmWare products till we get this working.  

0 Kudos