VMware {code} Community
mikemayors
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HTML Bridge Menu Item Disabled only on 5.5

Hey everyone,

I came across some odd behavior and was wondering if you had any insight.  I have a custom action defined that uses the HTML Bridge.  The custom action is visible and enabled when I install it on a 6.0 vCenter but not a 5.5 vCenter. On the 5.5 vCenter the custom action becomes disabled once the solution menu is displayed.  To rule out any issues with resource keys I hard coded all of the labels.  Are there any common issues that would cause an action to always be disabled?  All menu items share the same constraints. I also tried removing the constraints.  Let me know if there's anything else I can provide that would be helpful.

Note: The actionUrl points to a different plugin that serves the HTML content (i.e. test-html-ui serves the HTML content but the action is defined in test-ui's plugin.xml)

Also: Using the 5.5 SDK

<com.vmware.actionsfw.ActionSpec>

<uid>com.simplivity.test.customAction</uid>

<label>Test</label>

<delegate>

<className>com.vmware.vsphere.client.htmlbridge.HtmlActionDelegate</className>

<object><root>

<actionUrl>/vsphere-client/com.simplivity.test-html-ui/index.html</actionUrl>

<dialogTitle>Test</dialogTitle>

<dialogSize>700,500</dialogSize>

</root></object>

</delegate>

</com.vmware.actionsfw.ActionSpec>

Best,

Mike

0 Kudos
1 Reply
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

hi Mike,

Can you provide more code from your plugin.xml to see how this action is being used?

Can you reproduce this with an action from one of the samples?

0 Kudos