VMware {code} Community
CathyBr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Fling 4 Multiple Resources and Administration

Hi,

I am having my first tries with the Fling 4 and our plug-in.  Until now things have been working quite well, and after changing

a few things like paths, build scripts etc. I can work with our plug-in within the fling!

I am encountering 2 problems however.

1) Our plug-in has many strings and icons.  To keep them somewhat organized, we have the definitions of them in

various .properties files.  Until now, we have put them all together within our .swf file, and to retrieve the values we used WEB_PLATFORM.getString()

For example:  we have a property file: "commonStrings.properties"  and was included in our acme-en_US.swf

WEB_PLATFORM.getString("commonStrings", key, params);

Now for the Fling I changed the name to "com_acme_commonStrings_en_US.properties" and when deployed is located under

acme.war/locales/com_acme_commonStrings_en_US.properties

Since this is not my default bundle  - I added the resource in my plugin.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<plugin id="com.acme" defaultBundle="com_acme">

<resources baseUrl="locales/">

<resource locale="{locale}">

<module uri="acme-{locale}.swf"/>

</resource>

<resource>com_acme</resource>

<resource>com_acme_commonStrings</resource>

<resource>com_acme_images</resource>

</resources>

When I use the WEB_PLATFORM.getString("com_acme_commonStrings", key, params) only the key is returned and in the browser console I see the message

[i18nService] Bundle not found. (Bundle: 'com_acme_commonStrings', key: 'MyString')

I looked in the localhost_access_log - but could not find any entries for the property files -(also not for our default bundle).

I also tried the following:

<resource locale="{locale}">com_acme_commonStrings_{locale}</resource>

but it did not help.

So my question is:  am I doing something wrong, or are the multiple bundles not supported yet?

2)  Our plug-in has views found under "Administration" in the Flex client.  In the new Fling I don't see any "Administration" views (like roles, users etc) - Is that not included yet, or is it not a part of the Fling at all?

thanks for the info

Cathy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I wasn't able to reproduce your problem after using 2 separate resource bundles.  Since I am using slightly newer code I recommend that you try again with Fling 5 to be released this week and let me know if it this doesn't work. Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Cathy,

Thanks for letting us know that Fling 4 is working well for you.

The Administration category was put in recently in the HTML Client, you'll see it in Fling 5 later this week.

Regarding i18n support I'll need more time to test your use case with multiple string bundles.

0 Kudos
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I wasn't able to reproduce your problem after using 2 separate resource bundles.  Since I am using slightly newer code I recommend that you try again with Fling 5 to be released this week and let me know if it this doesn't work. Thanks!

0 Kudos
irahov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi, Cathy,

Could you please try by removing _temporarily_

<resource locale="{locale}">
              <module uri="acme-{locale}.swf"/>
         </resource>

So it should become:

<resources baseUrl="locales/">
      <resource>com_acme</resource>
      <resource>com_acme_commonStrings</resource>
</resources>

0 Kudos
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Ivo,

I don't think this is the problem because I modified a sample to do the same thing as Cathy and it works for me.

0 Kudos
CathyBr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Guys,

thanks for your help - I tested it with Fling 5, and now it works correctly!

I was looking for "Administration" in Fling 5 - but it is still not there - do you have any idea when that will be running? -

That's just a matter of interest - I have many other things to do until then.

Cathy

0 Kudos
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Good to hear.

Regarding the Administration tab, I had forgotten that it is controlled by a feature flag (used for things that are not complete yet).  You can see it too in your setup if you add a file named uiFeatures.cfg inside /var/lib/vmware/vsphere-client/vsphere-ui/ (for MacOS) or C:\ProgramData\VMware\vCenterServer\cfg\vsphere-ui\ (for Windows) and add this line:

h5uiAdminPlugin = enabled

0 Kudos