I've been trying to work with the Remote Plug-in Sample found in the vCenter 6.7U1 SDK.
I am able to build the sample, start it and register it in my Windows vCenter 6.7U1.
The plug-in is deployed, and I can see it in the html client. But when I click on the Global View, the page is empty. In my Browser Console, I see the error above.
Can some one tell me how to handle this? Did I do something wrong?
thanks for the help
Can you try pasting "https://<vcenter-ip>/api/ui/htmlClientSdk.js" to your browser URL field and share if you see the JS resource? Also, please share the vsphere_client_virgo.log file from your environment so we can take a look.
yes I tried it in the browser as well - even directly on the vCenter System
And I still get http error 405.
So I restarted the virgo server and performed the call directly in the browser.. I did not see anything in the virgo.log - but maybe you will.
Thanks for the provided details! I'll need some additonal information about your environment:
1) From what I gathered, you are using Windows vCenter Server 6.7U1. So, is my understanding correct that the whole vCenter is version 6.7U1 and not just the vSphere Client you are using?
2) Are you using a local vSphere Client that you have attached to a running vCenter Server (e.g. maybe you are running the vSphere Client that comes as part of the SDK on you local machine?) or are you using the vSphere Client that comes as part of the vCenter Server itself?
3) Did you paste "https://localhost/api/ui/htmlClientSdk.js" in the browser from your local machine or from within the vCenter Server machine?
Also, can you please go to "C:\ProgramData\VMware\vCenterServer\cfg\vmware-rhttpproxy\endpoints.conf.d\vsphere-ui-rhttpproxy.conf" on the vCenter Server machine and send me the file over.
1) Yes, I am using Windows vCenter Server 6.7 U1 - it was an upgraded version from 6.7GA (maybe that is relevant?).
2) I am currently testing directly on that machine, using the virgo client from the vCenter directly (the remote plugin is running on another machine).
3) I am using the browser directly on the vCenter machine - this shows the 503 error.
Just as an extra test, I started a virgo server from my 6.7U1 sdk (on still another machine) - and when I call
I can download the file as needed.
Now I went to the vcenter to find the file you need, and noticed that it is dated for the 24th. of April..
Is this perhaps from the old 6.7GA version?
Indeed, the reverse proxy file is not updated and hence the "/api/ui" requests are not forwarded to the Virgo server that serves the H5 SDK files. This probably has something to do with the update of the Windows vCenter - we'll take a look. Can you share some details on how you performed the upgrade?
Meanwhile, please add "/api/ui local 5090 redirect allow" as a new line to the vsphere-ui-rhttpproxy file and restart the reverse proxy service:
One way to restart the proxy is to open a terminal in "C:\Program Files\VMware\vCenter Server\bin" in the vCenter Server machine and execute:
service-control --stop rhttpproxy
service-control --start rhttpproxy
Then the htmlClientSdk.js file should be reachable. Note that the whole vCenter server will stop responding to requests while the proxy is down, though (a couple of seconds).
here's the details of the installation:
the vCenter server runs on a win2012r2 VM; the iso file was copied to the VM’s “hard disc” and was mounted (as second DVD drive) by using the popup menu over the iso file . The upgrade was started by double click on autorun.exe in the DVD drive’s root folder. During the upgrade setup all default values were confirmed. User was local Administrator. Are there any log files concerning the upgrade process we could provide ?
I have decided to continue using a new vCenter V6.7U1 appliance - so I can concentrate on learning about the remote plug-in. Maybe you can put the information in some Release Notes somewere, so others won't have the same problems.
thanks for your help