VMware {code} Community
shankarvn
Contributor
Contributor

Failing to load class com.vmware.vsphere.client.htmlbridge.HtmlView

Hi,

I downloaded the vsphere_client_sdk directory that had all the HTML bridge documentation. I tried to import the vsphere-wssdk-html example to see if I can run that sample. However, I noticed that the class com.vmware.vsphere.client.htmlbridge.HtmlView is missing in the swc file "vsphere-client-lib.swc". Am I correct in expecting this class "com.vmware.vsphere.client.htmlbridge.HtmlView" in "vsphere-client-lib.swc"?

(Attaching the vsphere_client_lib as a zip folder)

Thank you

0 Kudos
6 Replies
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You need to use the latest version, i.e vSphere Web Client 5.5u1 that was released in March.  You must be getting this error because you are still running 5.5.

0 Kudos
shankarvn
Contributor
Contributor

Hi laurentsd,

I have all the html bridge documentation (please see the attachment). I tried to rename the swc file to a zip file so I can see the catalog file inside and that does not seem to have this class.

(Please take a look at my attachment)

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
shankarvn
Contributor
Contributor

Hi laurentsd,

Does the virgo server version need to change too? (the serenity client version?)

Thank you.

0 Kudos
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes, go to download vSphere Web Client SDK 5.5.1, it has both the SDK files and a new serenity-client.zip

0 Kudos
bhrami
Contributor
Contributor

It still didn't work for me. Can you detail some other steps to follow or check?

0 Kudos
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

> It still didn't work for me. Can you detail some other steps to follow or check?

All the steps are documented in the HTML bridge documentation.  Check the difference between your plugin and one of the samples that works. It's hard to know what you may be doing wrong without more information from your side.

0 Kudos