VMware {code} Community
wodge
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Extension points for NSX objects?

Hi,

This is an initial question to understand the current possibilities for presenting views in the webclient plugin (H5 / Flex) agains NSX objects.

We currently use the Plugin seed (v.0.9.8) for our hybrid webclient ui-side implementation... And it's doing a fine job! We use the object views (Summary and Monitor) for all vCenter inventory managed entity types (e.g. hosts / VMs / Datacenters etc.). 

We would like to use extension points for the NSX objects, where the NSX plugin is installed with H5 or Flex, so that we can creat an equivalent object view in Summary and Monitor tabs.

Could you please let me know if this is possible currently? Or if not currently supported out of the box, if there is a simple path to making it possible please?

N.B. I've given an example screenshot of an NSX object selected in the Flex client. The monitor tab is open, and we would like to add another button alongside "System Events" and "Tasks".

Many thanks in advance for your time.

Warren

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Denis_Chorbadzh
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Warren,

Yes it is possible to extend custom objects as well.

Since 6.5U1 (6.5.0.10000), we have introduced the functionality to create top level tabs and it is currently the recommended approach. You can see an example of exending custom objects views by looking at the sample plugins (ChassisA and ChassisB) from the 6.5U1 (6.5.0.10000) SDK .zip

You can find more information on extension points here: https://vdc-download.vmware.com/vmwb-repository/dcr-public/a6383b70-f20e-4f68-be41-65d98a7c6778/15f8...

Chapter 12 (List of extension points)

Best Regards,

Denis

0 Kudos
wodge
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Denis,

Many thanks for providing this response. If this is possible then I will try a proof of concept to extend the endpoints for the NSX plugin.

Kind regards,

Warren

0 Kudos