VMware {code} Community
pankajchhabra
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Deployment successful on Virgo but the plugin sample don't show on the vSphere Web Client

hello,

I am using the following environment -

1. vSphere Web Client SDK Update 1

2. Adobe Flash Builder 4.7

3. JDK 1.7.0_79 64 bit

4. VCSA at 172.26.1.5

Deployment of helloworld-ui happens successfully and I don't see any error in logs but I don't see the shortcut in vSphere Web Client. 

I am attaching the virgo logs. I don't see any error in logs, what could be wrong?

Pankaj

0 Kudos
9 Replies
pankajchhabra
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I missed this error in logs

[2015-10-03 19:31:05.151] [INFO ] start-signalling-2            org.eclipse.virgo.medic.eventlog.default                         DE0005I Started bundle 'com.vmware.mks.console' version '5.5.0'.

[2015-10-03 19:31:05.151] [INFO ] start-signalling-2            o.e.v.k.i.artifact.internal.bundle.BundleThreadContextManager     Thread context class loader 'KernelBundleClassLoader: [bundle=com.vmware.mks.console_5.5.0]' popped and set to 'org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.ContextFinder@47ab7ea7'

[2015-10-03 19:31:05.161] [ERROR] Thread-68                     System.err                                                        java.io.FileNotFoundException: No XML configuration files specified in start.config or command line.

[2015-10-03 19:31:05.161] [ERROR] Thread-68                     System.err                                                         at org.eclipse.jetty.start.Main.start(Main.java:502)

[2015-10-03 19:31:05.161] [ERROR] Thread-68                     System.err                                                         at org.eclipse.jetty.start.Main.main(Main.java:92)

[2015-10-03 19:31:05.161] [ERROR] Thread-68                     System.err                                                        

[2015-10-03 19:31:05.161] [ERROR] Thread-68                     System.err                                                        Usage: java -jar start.jar [options] [properties] [configs]

[2015-10-03 19:31:05.161] [ERROR] Thread-68                     System.err                                                               java -jar start.jar --help  # for more information

[2015-10-03 19:31:05.168] [WARN ] Thread-65                     com.vmware.mks.LifeCycleManager                                   Process has unexpetedly ended with exception: org.apache.commons.exec.ExecuteException: Process exited with an error: -5 (Exit value: -5)

Could this be the reason, for things not working? How to fix this error?

0 Kudos
Peter_Ivanov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Pankaj,

The Web Client 6.0 Update 1 is using JDK 1.6 (update 21 if I remember correctly). Please try to use that JDK to build and to run the client.

I looked at the provided log.

1. The error that you see is not relevant and cannot cause the plugin to work.

2. This error bothers me:

[2015-10-03 19:31:21.155] [ERROR] Thread-30                     com.vmware.vise.extensionfw.BundlePackageInfo                     Invalid packages list in MANIFEST.MF of bundle: com.google.gson

com.google.gson;version=1.7.1, com.google.gson.annotations;version=1.7.1, com.google.gson.reflect;version=1.7.1, com.google.gson.stream;version=1.7.1, com.google.gson.internal;version=1.7.1

This is related to the hellow world sample.

You should be using gson-2.0.jar that is available in the 'lib' folder of the SDK.

Please let me know if that helps.

Regards,

~Peter

0 Kudos
pankajchhabra
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

I tried JDK 1.6 but that gave me a lot of errors. So I moved back to  jdk 1.7.0_75 x64 bit.

There is gson library present in the libs folder of vSphere SDK.

Can you please let me know the changes to project and MANIFEST that need to be done to get this error resolved?

Thanks,
Pankaj

0 Kudos
pankajchhabra
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

Even without deploying the helloworld, I see the MANIFEST error below -

2015-10-07 18:04:38.064] [ERROR] Thread-30                     com.vmware.vise.extensionfw.BundlePackageInfo                     Invalid packages list in MANIFEST.MF of bundle: com.google.gson

com.google.gson;version=1.7.1, com.google.gson.annotations;version=1.7.1, com.google.gson.reflect;version=1.7.1, com.google.gson.stream;version=1.7.1, com.google.gson.internal;version=1.7.1

How to fix this in STS?

Thanks,
Pankaj

0 Kudos
pankajchhabra
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

Please note that I am using vSphere Web Client SDK 5.5 Update 1.

Thanks,
Pankaj

0 Kudos
Peter_Ivanov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Pankaj,

1) You have the samples pre-built for you in the 'samples/build' folder. So you can run them without even need to build them.

2) For the hello world sample you don't need gson library. Can you explain exactly how did you setup your environment and how did you deploy the samples?

I tried JDK 1.6 but that gave me a lot of errors. So I moved back to  jdk 1.7.0_75 x64 bit.

You should be able to build the sample with Java 1.6. What errors do you get? Please post them here.

Thanks,

~Peter

0 Kudos
Peter_Ivanov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Please explain in more details:

• how did you setup your dev environment
  • How did you get the Web Client running locally? When you run the server locally without any samples, do you get some errors in the log file?
  • how do you deploy sample plugins
  • Do you deploy them all at the same time? Can you try just with the hellow world sample?

Thanks,

~Peter

0 Kudos
pankajchhabra
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

Thanks Peter for help.

I got this working for vSphere Web Client Development Kit 6.0 Update 1. Here are some of the my findings -

1. Eclipse works better. For some reason, it takes a very long time to add software to STS for vSphere Web Client SDK site and Virgo

2. I was trying to access https://<vcenter-server-ip>:9443/vsphere-client instead of https://localhost:9443/vsphere-client. So hello World also had the vcenter-server-ip in Run configuration. After fixing this, it worked.

3. When I try to access https://localhost:9443/vsphere-client for vSphere Web Client Development Kit 5.5 Update 1, I get the error on  Google regarding ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH and on Firefox I get the error - " An error occurred during a connection to localhost:9443. Cannot communicate securely with peer: no common encryption algorithm(s). (Error code: ssl_error_no_cypher_overlap)"

For now I will be able to proceed with 6.0 Update 1.

I would like to definitely get this resolved for 5.5 Update 1 as many of customers are on vSphere 5.5 environment.

Thanks,
Pankaj

0 Kudos
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The issue with SDK 5.5 and ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH has been answered before, it is only a problem when using "localhost". If you search ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH you will find this: https://communities.vmware.com/message/2486098

0 Kudos