VMware {code} Community
hikkart
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Could not connect to vSphere Web Client. Contact your administrator to fix this issue at VCenter 6.0

Dear Laurent & All,

I have installed my vwc plugin in vCenter 6.0 and it was working fine.

Due to network issues, vCenter has rebooted. Once vCenter comes up, I can login to web client but I am not able to open myplugin.

I am getting following error "Could not connect to vSphere Web Client. Contact your administrator to fix this issue." while logging in to my Plugin.

Is anything todo with plugin manifest or vCenter or network issue.  I am having some frequent packets drop in my network.

Kindly help me.

At vsphere_client_virgo.log

[2015-07-22T13:03:08.588+05:30] [INFO ] http-bio-9090-exec-5          org.springframework.flex.servlet.MessageBrokerHandlerAdapter      Channel endpoint secure-amf received request.

[2015-07-22T13:03:08.592+05:30] [ERROR] http-bio-9090-exec-5          o.a.c.c.C.[.[.[/vsphere-client/myplugin-ui].[springServlet]     Servlet.service() for servlet [springServlet] in context with path [/vsphere-client/myplugub-ui] threw exception [Request processing failed; nested exception is flex.messaging.security.SecurityException: Secure endpoint '/messagebroker/amfsecure' must be contacted via a secure protocol.] with root cause flex.messaging.security.SecurityException: Secure endpoint '/messagebroker/amfsecure' must be contacted via a secure protocol.

at flex.messaging.endpoints.AbstractEndpoint.validateRequestProtocol(AbstractEndpoint.java:1331)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Peter_Ivanov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This doesn't seem like manifest of vCenter issue. It seems more like uncleared(cached) session/token.

Can you try the following:

1. logout the client
  2. clear the browser cookies and cache
  3. restart the browser

If this doesn't help you could try restarting the web client service (plus clearing the browser cache).

0 Kudos
hikkart
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you Peter Ivanov. We have already tried  clearing cache, restarting the web client service and even rebooting the vcenter.

But nothing has worked.

Please let me know is there any other option to fix it.

Note: sometime we faced the same in vcenter 5.5 but restarting the service, it had worked. But NO SUCCESS for VC 6.0.

0 Kudos
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

It's difficult to believe a simple restart of vCenter would have done something to your plugin.  Something must have been wrong before.

> flex.messaging.security.SecurityException: Secure endpoint '/messagebroker/amfsecure' must be contacted via a secure protocol.

Did you follow this?  Re: 2 Important reminders for your 5.5 plugin to be compatible with Web Client 6.0

0 Kudos