VMware {code} Community
Russz0901
Contributor
Contributor

Can't Visit the said VMware-IP/SDK but other VMwares can be visited.

Hi guys,

I have a concern regarding on SDK for our VMware esxi hypervisor 6.0.0, I need to resolve this issue to make my telegraf/influxdb to work for my grafana

our other VMware can be visited take a look on the picture below..

but one of our VMware can't be visited, take a look on the picture below...

I think this is why my telegraf and InfluxDB can't read the metrics graph for my GRAFANA

any solution for this? i don't have any knowledge to explore it yet and our previous IT didn't turnover any of this, Thank you...

should I install a SDK?

should I go to vmware cli?

please Help thank you...

5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

1. I can’t see any pictures, so no errors are visible for anyone to begin to help you

2. When you say VMware you mean ESXi or ESXi host

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Russz0901
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sorry i am harving a hard time, to patse a picture here, always on forbidden...

To answer your question sir..

1. I can’t see any pictures, so no error are visible for anyone to begin to help you

-the picture is always on forbidden (sad)  but to answer your question....

on our other VMware SDK is working if you visit the site on ip-address/sdk - the result is

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from 10.20.0.20 (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

but one of our VMware SDK is not working if you visit the site - the result is

This 10.20.0.10 page can’t be found

No webpage was found for the web address: https://10.20.0.10/sdk

HTTP ERROR 404

2. When you say VMware you mean ESXi or ESXi host

-Its the ESXi itself not the host... the vmware itself.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The server running ESXi is the host (of the VMs running on it), I did not mean the physical hardware - point 2 in my previous comment was a statement not a question.

There is no such thing as “the vmware” - VMware is a company, and ESXi is the product you are using.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Russz0901
Contributor
Contributor

Hi sorry again, its the ESXi, I am having a problem on what I said earlier.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

1. Please stop calling ESXi "vmware". ESXi is the name of the product. VMware is the name of the company who authored it.
  2. The /sdk host path is not at HTTP host. It only responds to SOAP (XML) requests. For the WSDL page it's /sdk/vim.wsdl.
  3. You can paste screenshots in-line with your text. They don't need to be attached.
  4. Please read the documentation.