VMware {code} Community
CathyBr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Calling a Flex action when viewing a html bridge view does not work

Hi,

I have a second issue.

Our plug-in shows a view for hosts using the html -Bridge.  When our view is active, and the user

calls the context menu in the Navigation on the left - and tries to perform an Action (for example: Disconnect Host) -

the Container (IFrame) in which our view is shown,  is made to have a bright white background, and the action does not

work - no Dialog is started or anything.

Is there anything I can do to prevent this?

thanks for some more hints

Cathy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CathyBr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Laurent,

I made an Acme Plugin - it does not do anything except show a label and some text.  Then I added this to my plugin.xml for a host.

The first picture just shows the plugin at the start.  Then I call the contextmenu - and select "disconnect" - the third shows

what the view looks like, and it is and the normal "disconnect" are you sure... box does not come up..

But I noticed that I am using the 6.0ga sdk - so maybe I should try it with update 1?

But for our production we use the 5.5 sdk, because it must function on 5.5 as well.

I also tried some other host Actions, like Alarms->New Alarm Definition - but that works correctly.  I don't know what the diffence could be.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

hi Cathy,

Can you provide more details and screen-shots to understand better your use case?

0 Kudos
CathyBr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Laurent,

I made an Acme Plugin - it does not do anything except show a label and some text.  Then I added this to my plugin.xml for a host.

The first picture just shows the plugin at the start.  Then I call the contextmenu - and select "disconnect" - the third shows

what the view looks like, and it is and the normal "disconnect" are you sure... box does not come up..

But I noticed that I am using the 6.0ga sdk - so maybe I should try it with update 1?

But for our production we use the 5.5 sdk, because it must function on 5.5 as well.

I also tried some other host Actions, like Alarms->New Alarm Definition - but that works correctly.  I don't know what the diffence could be.

0 Kudos
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Thanks for the screen-shots.  This problem is a bug reported several months ago and fixed in 6.0.1.  See this section of the 6.0.1 Release Notes:

• In some instances bringing up a Flex Alert or Dialog box while an HTML view is opened would cause the Alert or Dialog to stay hidden behind the view (i.e. the iFrame doesn't disappear temporarily as it should) which in turns blocks the UI because the user cannot click anywhere to continue.

Any action that brings up a small popup dialog would have the same problem when the HTML view is active.

Unfortunately there is no good work-around.  In your case hitting enter would dismiss the hidden "Disconnect" confirmation dialog, using the default No option.

I think it works for "New Alarm Definition" because this popup is larger.

0 Kudos
CathyBr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Laurent,

thanks for the Info - we will document that.

Cathy

0 Kudos