VMware Cloud Community
nagavij
Contributor
Contributor

vlsi-core.jar

Hello,

I did this ...

> git clone https://github.com/vmware-serengeti/serengeti-ws.git && cd serengeti-ws && mvn clean install -DskipTests

and faced this ...

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:2.5.2:install-file (install-vsli-core) on project vlsiLibrary: The specified file '/Users/nv/thuMay07/serengeti-ws/lib/vlsi/vlsi-core.jar' not exists -> [Help 1]

Can someone tell me what dependency I need to include in pom.xml for the missing vlsi-core.jar ?

Thanks

Naga

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
gguanglu
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello Naga,

Sorry that this vlsi package was released out with BDE v1.0 before, but due to security reason we removed BDE v1.0 download from VMware download page already. And this package as part of BDE v1.0 download set was also removed.

We could figure out a proper approach to release that again with relative colleagues, but it takes some time.

For a short term mitigation, you could go to BDE download page at VMware, download and install BDE v2.1 with vSphere Enterprise edition (trial version also works) and rip that file (at /ssotool/lib/vlsi-core.jar) out from BDE/Serengeti management server.

Btw, could you update the motivation to build Serengeti Web Service package out from scratch? Do you plan to extend that somehow?

Thanks,

Gavin

0 Kudos
jessehuvmw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Naga,

As Gavin mentioned, an easy way to get the jar file is from BDE 2.1.0 Management Server :

$ find /opt/serengeti/tomcat6/webapps/serengeti/ -name *vlsi*

/opt/serengeti/tomcat6/webapps/serengeti/WEB-INF/lib/vlsiClient-1.0.8.jar

/opt/serengeti/tomcat6/webapps/serengeti/WEB-INF/lib/vlsiCore-1.0.8.jar

Cheers, Jesse Hu
0 Kudos