VMware Cloud Community
ABraverman
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unable to deploy - issues with SSL keys?

Hi - I've been unable to get the latest (2.0) BDE deployed against a new vCenter environment.

The environment is as follows:   

One ESXi host - 5.5 build 1623387   

One vCenter Appliance - 5.5 build 2001466

Embedded DB, Embedded SSO

BDE 2.0.0.951 build 1885370

NTP and DNS are configured and tested.

Deploying seems to work well but I cannot get past the error on initialization:

ERROR: Failed to Launch Serengeti Web Service. Illegal option: /opt/serengeti/.certs/serengeti_ws.jks.keytool -importkeystore [OPTION].....Imports one or all entries from another keystore..Options:..-srckeystore source keystore name.-destkeystore destination keystore name.-srcstoretype source keystore type.-deststoretype destination keystore type.-srcstorepass source keystore password.-deststorepass destination keystore password.-srcprotected source keystore password protected.-srcprovidername source keystore provider name.-destprovidername destination keystore provider name.-srcalias source alias.-destalias destination alias.-srckeypass source key password.-destkeypass destination key password.-noprompt do not prompt.-providerclass provider class name.-providerarg provider argument.-providerpath provider classpath.-v verbose output..Use "keytool -help" for all available commands And, while I can connect to the BDE server with the plugin,

I cannot create objects as they result in an error "unable to connect to vCenter Server" - this looks like the BDE appliance is having a hard time importing the vCenter SSL keys. Has anyone seen this?  Any thoughts on getting past it? Thanks! -Andrew

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jessehuvmw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,  could you please attach the files /opt/serengeti/logs/*.log  on BDE Server ?  And Is your BDE vApp deployed in the vCenter cluster rather than the ESX host ?  You will see this error if it's deployed on the ESX host.

-Jesse

Cheers, Jesse Hu

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jessehuvmw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,  could you please attach the files /opt/serengeti/logs/*.log  on BDE Server ?  And Is your BDE vApp deployed in the vCenter cluster rather than the ESX host ?  You will see this error if it's deployed on the ESX host.

-Jesse

Cheers, Jesse Hu
0 Kudos
ABraverman
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Jesse! When the environment was built and handed over to me, they never created a cluster.  Since it was a single host test environment, I didn't think of it either.  Once I created the cluster object, the installation completed perfectly.

0 Kudos
jessehuvmw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

That's great. Maybe the BDE Server is rebooted and fixed the keytool error. If you see the same error later, please attach the files /opt/serengeti/logs/*.log  on BDE Server for us to debug.

Cheers, Jesse Hu
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

why I install the VMware server failly? it appreances don't have the SSL keys necessary to run VMware server. I had tried many mathods offered by somebody  in internet to fix it , but still fail

0 Kudos