VMware Cloud Community
vmwaredownload
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Serengeti CLI 1.0.0 cannot conenct to Serengeti server as serengeti user

I have vCenter 5.5 with SSO on Windows 2008 R2 64-bit.

We have successfully deployed the BDE OVA files and the management-server is booted and running.

We have added and registered the BDE plug-in and we have connected to the management-server.

We have opened the management-server's VMWare Web Client console and logged in as the serengeti user and changed the password.

We cannot log into the management-server (the Serengeti server) using the java based "Serengeti CLI 1.0.0" client from the Windows vCenter system.

We open a DOS shell, and the launch the CLI with the command: 'java -jar serengeti-cli-1.0.0.jar'

The CLI starts fine, and we issue the "connect --host IP_Address:8443" command, we do get the login prompt.

We try to log in as 'serengeti' using the new (correct) password.

serengeti>connect --host IP_Address:8443
Enter the username: serengeti
Enter the password: ***********
The connection is refused, may be invalid username or invalid password. Try to reconnect.
Enter the password:

Try 3 times and then...
connect failed no connection to serengeti server. You should connect it first.

serengeti>

When we use the management-server's vSphere Web Client console, we can log in and out without problems using the 'serengeti' user ID and password.

The CLI help page on VMWare is pretty basic:

http://pubs.vmware.com/bde-1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.vmware.bigdataextensions.admin.doc%2FGUID-FF636A...

0 Kudos
1 Reply
vmwaredownload
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I answered my own question.

To use the Serengeti CLI 1.0.0 you log in using an SSO account - not an OS account.

serengeti>connect --host 10.10.192.60:8443
Enter the username: username@vsphere.local
Enter the password: ***********
Connected
serengeti>

Sorry for wasting the bandwidth

0 Kudos