VMware Cloud Community
dRuddy201110141
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Node passwords

Hi,

After deploying a big data cluster, is there a default password for the DataMaster, ComputeMaster, Worker, and client nodes?

I want to run the wordcount program for testing and I cant access the client VM with out the password. I dont see it listed in the documentation

Thanks

Jim

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dRuddy201110141
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

So thats weird. I now see the random generated password on the login screen with the instructions to change it, just like on the master.

Wasn't there before.

Feature request would be the ability to set password's on both the ovf deployment wizard for the master, and a node set password screen during the cluster deployment.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dRuddy201110141
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

So thats weird. I now see the random generated password on the login screen with the instructions to change it, just like on the master.

Wasn't there before.

Feature request would be the ability to set password's on both the ovf deployment wizard for the master, and a node set password screen during the cluster deployment.

0 Kudos
jessehuvmw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Jim, You're right.

The random generated password of all nodes is displayed on the login screen in the VM console in vSphere client with the instructions to change it.

We'll take into consideration of your feature request : set password on both the ovf deployment wizard for the Serengeti Management Server, and set password during the cluster deployment.

There are two ways to login a node:

1) use the password shown on VM console in vSphere client

2) first login Serengeti Management Server as user serengeti, then 'ssh node_ip' to login the node as user serengeti without password

Currently you can follow the steps below to change the password for any users(e.g. serengeti, root, etc) on all cluster nodes:

1) login Serengeti Management Server as user serengeti

2) after a cluster is created successfully, execute  serengeti-ssh.sh  'echo | sudo passwd --stdin'  . For example,  executing  serengeti-ssh.sh mycluster  'echo mypassword | sudo passwd serengeti --stdin'  will change the password of user serengeti to 'mypassword' on all nodes in cluster mycluster

-Jesse Hu @Serengeti

Cheers, Jesse Hu
0 Kudos