VMware Cloud Community
trailx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How to modify hadoop-template ?

Hi,

Because my DNS doesn't record IP dynamicaly, I need to access hadoop-template VM and modify /etc/hosts to add some records...

But I don't understand how to connect to this VM ? I don't know IP, or credentials...

Configuration :

BDE 2.1.0

vCenter 5.5u2

Procedure :

1     Power on the Hadoop Template virtual machine, and apply any changes or updates.

2     Remove the /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules file to prevent increasing the eth number during the clone operation.

You must remove this file, otherwise the virtual machine cannot get its IP address.

If you do not remove the /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules file, the virtual machines cloned from the template cannot get an IP address. If you power on this virtual machine to make changes, you must remove this file before shutting down this virtual machine.

3     Shut down the Hadoop Template virtual machine.

4     Delete the snapshot labeled serengeti-snapshot in the customized Hadoop Template virtual machine.

a

In the vSphere Web Client, right-click the Hadoop Template virtual machine and select Snapshot > Snapshot Manager

b

Select the serengeti-snapshot, and click Delete.

The automatically generated snapshot is removed.

Thank you in advance

--- If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jessehuvmw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You can login vSphere Client or vSphere Web Client to connect to the vCenter Server, find the hadoop-template under BDE vApp, right-click hadoop-template and select 'Open Console', then you can login it with root/password.

Cheers, Jesse Hu

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jessehuvmw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You can login vSphere Client or vSphere Web Client to connect to the vCenter Server, find the hadoop-template under BDE vApp, right-click hadoop-template and select 'Open Console', then you can login it with root/password.

Cheers, Jesse Hu
0 Kudos
trailx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you so much, where did you find credentials please ?

--- If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!
0 Kudos
jessehuvmw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The credentials is root / password by default.

Cheers, Jesse Hu
0 Kudos