VMware Cloud Community
dRuddy201110141
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Cannot add datastore

Hi all,

I keep getting an error when I go to add a datastore. I get this error weather I use the web client or the cli.It says that it faisl, the data store cannot be found.

I've tried a couple of different things like renaming the datatsore to different names, and trying to add it as both local and shared. Nothing seems to work.

error00.png

error01.png

error02.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dRuddy201110141
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

I figured it out. Needed to remove special characters from the VMFS datastore name, but I also needed to reboot the management server for it to be able to see the changes and accept them

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dRuddy201110141
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

I figured it out. Needed to remove special characters from the VMFS datastore name, but I also needed to reboot the management server for it to be able to see the changes and accept them

Thanks

0 Kudos
Yonghua
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for find this issue. We've added one bug to track this issue. Before it's fixed, if you cannot get the new added datastore from Serengeti, you can wait some time after datastore is added, for example, 15 minutes.

If you don't want to wait, you may restart Serengeti web service using command "service tomcat restart" to make it work.

thanks

Emma