VMware Cloud Community
ocassano
Contributor
Contributor

BDE 2.2 and Ambari 1.7

Hi everyone,

we are using a Hadoop cluster (Hortonwork's HDP) deployed on Virtual Machine using VMware and we're trying the vsphere BDE extension to administration our cluster(s in the future).

We are however facing an issue while deploying an new HDP cluster together with Ambari. We are able to deploy a cluster of 6 virtual machine (1 client, 1 master, 1 worker and 3 zookeeper), but we can't deploy any other Hadoop service from Ambari.

If we try to add Hive to the cluster for instance, the installation process from Ambari is stuck at the phase "preparing to deploy" (step 2 of 4 exactly).

I don't know if the problem comes from a network issue or something else. Nothing comes up either in the ambari-server's or ambari-agent's logs.

Any idea on this ? Do you have a tutorial or a documentation on deploying an HDP cluster with Ambari from BDE to suggest ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Orlando

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Qing_chi
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Orlando,

You can using the rest api(http://ambari_server:8080/api/v1/hosts) to check are there any old hosts(not using in current cluster) but these hosts don't exist in VC. If yes, I it's an issue that it will hang in check hosts healthy on ambari server side. In this case, you need clean up the old hosts in ambari server first. And then I think it will work.

0 Kudos