VMware Cloud Community
ztwy
Contributor
Contributor

BDE 2.2 Plugin issue with #1034 Error

Hi,

From my VSphere 6 web client, When I tried to open the plugin, I got the error screen asking to reload the Web Client. After the reloading, the issue persiste.

Thanks for your help

bde22_error.jpg

8 Replies
selinacui
Contributor
Contributor

Hi ztwy,

You can login https://BDE-server-ip:5480 to check whether BDE server starts successfully. If there is error, please send /opt/serenegti/logs/serenget.log to me.

If BDE server is ready, you can try to manually unregister web plugin and register again by https://BDE-server-ip:8443/register-plugin.  Then restart VC web client service and clear browser cache.

Thanks,

Selina

0 Kudos
ztwy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Selina,

Thanks for your reply. I checked the BDE server. All look OK (please see the following screen shots)

bde1.jpgbde2.jpg

I also tried to unregister/register the web plugin, clear the browser cache, but no changes. I use the vcenter 6.0 appliance, I cannot restart the vc web client easily (the button is grayed out), so I restarted the vCenter server.

PS: The VC Web Client 6 works only on my Chrome browser (43.0.2357.134), could be a browser-flash related issue ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
bearda
Contributor
Contributor

I've been experiencing the exact same error trying to set up BDE 2.2 with VCenter 6.  Yesterday I spent most of the day trying various combinations to no avail.  We installed the 7/7/15 patches, and even tried setting up a separate VCSA for BDE, but ended up in the same place.  No matter what we do we get the same 1034 type error as soon as we click try to access the Big Data Excensions section of the VCenter Web Client.

0 Kudos
gguanglu
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello,

We got reports on similar issues recently and would like to get more detail information, please consider to contact GSS and file SR so that we could provide support officially with better time coverage and prompt response.

0 Kudos
ztwy
Contributor
Contributor

I got it out by reinstalling the vCenter Server. I believe it should be a SSO/FQDN related issue, especially with VCSA 6. Here are two points I want to specify:

1. Use the FQDN instead of IP address when install the VCSA 6, even if the IP is accepted.

2. To be careful when install the BDE appliance : use the https://vcsa6FQDN:443/lookupservice/sdk for SSO registration. The port number is 443 for VCSA 6 instead of 7444 in vCenter 5.X

I hope these will help you to get rid of the issue.

bearda
Contributor
Contributor

I tried again by blowing away the previous test vcenter and running another from scratch and registering a DNS hostname for it (I was using an IP only in the previous test instance, but our production server has a hostname registered).  Hostname was used was installing the VCSA and I used the same hostname for registering the plugin, to no available.  I'm getting the same 1034 type error I on our production instance and the past few test instances.  Still stuck.

0 Kudos
jessehuvmw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

you are right. the FQDN is required for vc 6, and the sso port number is different in vc 5 and 6

Cheers, Jesse Hu
0 Kudos
selinacui
Contributor
Contributor

Hi bearda,

Can you click 'show error stack' when you see #1034 error and post the screenshot?  For better support your issue, please you file a SR and upload virgo log /storage/log/vmware/vsphere-client/logs/vsphere_client_virgo.log on you vc server.

Thanks,

Selina

0 Kudos