VMware Cloud Community
rgardnerS1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

wmi plugin

I've installed the wmi plugin, but it looks like it's mainly good for pulling information about the VM's and thats it.

I need to change the hostname of a vm, and then do a few other tasks on it. I thought the wmi interface would let me do this much like the VC plugin allows me to control the vm's. It looks like all the attributes are read only from the wmi plugin in the api explorer. I've currently got a c# program that uses wmi to rename the hosts after I clone them and do a few other things, but it would be nice to be able to implement this all from vsphere. Am I going down the wrong path here?

If this is possible, anybody have any example code on how this could be done?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You have to use methods... or the WMICommand from a WMIComputer. With this object, you can do all the WMI call you should need. See MSDN documetation to know wich methods you have to call. WMI Reference on MSDN

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You have to use methods... or the WMICommand from a WMIComputer. With this object, you can do all the WMI call you should need. See MSDN documetation to know wich methods you have to call. WMI Reference on MSDN

0 Kudos