VMware Cloud Community
robrtb12
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vim3WaitTaskEnd fails attempting to return the result for applyStorageDrsRecommendation_Task

Hello,

I'm running vCO 4.2.0 and I've upgrade the vCenter Plugin version from 4.2.0 to 5.0.2.  I've changed my deployment workflow from using "cloneVM_Task()" to using "applyStorageDrsRecommendation_Task()" against a 5.0u1 environment.  When I run the workflow the "Apply Storage DRS recommendations" task executes, shown via vSphere client, and the progress of the task is monitored by the action "vim3WaitTaskEnd". This is the same action used via the 4.2.0 plugin version.  However, the issue is upon completion of the "Apply Storage DRS recommendations" task, when "vim3WaitTaskEnd" attempts to return the VM it fails with the following error:

Unable to convert object, no sdk type defined for class : com.vmware.vim.vi4.ApplyStorageRecommendationResult@8b49a3bc

Here is an excerpt of the code for applyStorageDrsRecommendation_Task():

var storageResMgr = att_storagePod.vimHost.storageResourceManager;

var placementResult = storageResMgr.recommendDatastores(att_storagePlacementSpec);
var storageRecommendations = placementResult.recommendations;

var recKey = [storageRecommendations[0].key];

attTask = storageResMgr.applyStorageDrsRecommendation_Task(recKey);

The "vim3WaitTaskEnd" is the action located in:
com.vmware.library.vc.basic - with a version of 0.3.0

How can I monitor the task to completion and successfully return the new cloned VM object?

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I'm having the same issue, have you figured out what the problem was?

0 Kudos
marcseitz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

have a look there: http://communities.vmware.com/message/2147437#2147437

I think the mistake is, that the applyStorageDrsRecommendation_Task requires an array and not an single string.

var storageResMgr = att_storagePod.vimHost.storageResourceManager;

var placementResult = storageResMgr.recommendDatastores(att_storagePlacementSpec);
var storageRecommendations = placementResult.recommendations;

var recKey[0] = [storageRecommendations[0].key];

attTask = storageResMgr.applyStorageDrsRecommendation_Task(recKey);

Regards,

Marc

0 Kudos
tschoergez
Leadership
Leadership

I cannot reproduce the error in a complete new 5.1 only environment, so maybe it's a version related issue (smell like that :smileygrin:)

Can you specify the exact versions of vCO, vCenter, vCenter plugin you use?

And: It might be worth to open a SR.

Cheers,

Joerg

0 Kudos