VMware Cloud Community
phatmike128
Contributor
Contributor

vSphere Web Client 5.1 - duplicate copy of same vCO server and all workflows

Hi,

We are running vCenter 5.1 with vCO appliance 5.1.2. No matter what I do when registering the one vCO server (using SSO in the config panel) it appears in the Web Client as two servers - A URL with IP, and another URL with DNS Hostname.

This means that the list of workflows is duplicated, and when a single workflow is run, it shows as two running tasks. This is pretty annoying and would be glad to fix it, even though functionally there isn't an issue.

I've tried unregister/re-registering vCO as stated, and I've also tried unregister, then removing the Extension from the vCenter MOB as per VMware KB: Removing or Disabling unwanted plug-ins from vCenter Server and vCenter Server Appliance

I've rebooted the appliance and restarted the Web Client service when doing these, but still when I register vCO again, it keeps coming up like this.

Screenshots show that only one Orchestrator extension is registered in the MOB.

Any ideas?

vco2.png

vco1.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
dvatov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

How do you configure the vCenter in vCO - by hostname or by IP?

0 Kudos
phatmike128
Contributor
Contributor

SSO Authentication is set using the IP of the vCenter/SSO instance rather than DNS name due to a bug in 5.1.2 apparently.

vCenter server is configured using a CNAME.

The Network section of vCO is configured as per screenshot. It's interesting the DNS name isn't populated, as forward and reverse entries do exist and are resolvable from vCO, but maybe this is just how it works.

vco3.png

vco4.pngvco5.png

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

How many vCenter servers are visible in vSphere Web client? If more than one, could you check their MOBs for extensions pointing to the same vCO?

Another thing to check - when you remove the extension from the MOB, do both copies of the vCO server disappear from vSphere Web client UI, or only one? If one remains visible, is there any chance that you manually added its address in vSphere Web client UI?

0 Kudos
phatmike128
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, only one vCenter is registered and visible with the vSphere web client.

When the extension is removed from the MOB both copies do disappear from the Web Client UI as well.

I have been unable to create the Orchestrator connection through the vSphere Web Client, it was only possible to join it by setting up the Authentication to use SSO in the vCO configuration panel.

0 Kudos
phatmike128
Contributor
Contributor

dvatoviiliev‌ Any ideas?

0 Kudos