VMware Cloud Community
kunalkhairnar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vRealize Orchestratro 7.2 - Cluster Mode - Maximums

Hello,

I am trying to locate the official documentation for the maximum number of Nodes (active as well as standby) for a vRealize Orchestrator 7.2 Cluster mode.

As mentioned in the Install and Configure guide Configure an Orchestrator Cluster one can specify the number of nodes where are active and also add additional vRO Servers as needed.

I want to know what is the maximum number of nodes supported for vRO Cluster - mode deployment.

Thank you.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
igaydajiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

We have performed tests with up to 5 nodes.

Theoretically there isn't any limit enforced on vRO side and it should work with much higher numbers.

Since all the nodes from the cluster are sharing same DB performance of the vRO nodes is tied to DB performance. Increasing the number of vRO nodes in the cluster result in increased traffic toward DB server which  might end up to decreased  performance of DB server leading to decrease in performance of the vRO nodes. So if you plan to have large number of vRO nodes in the cluster I would advise to track DB performance and adjust DB server resources accordingly.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Not 100% sure, but I think there is no enforced maximum number of nodes in a cluster.

kunalkhairnar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for the prompt response Ilian.

I have the same notion. However, unable to see anything documented on those lines in the vRO documentation (unlike the maximums per vRO node for VMs, workflows etc.).

I need to see if there is anything similar to the vCenter Server maximums https://www.vmware.com/pdf/vsphere6/r65/vsphere-65-configuration-maximums.pdf for vRO especially the Cluster-mode.

0 Kudos
igaydajiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

We have performed tests with up to 5 nodes.

Theoretically there isn't any limit enforced on vRO side and it should work with much higher numbers.

Since all the nodes from the cluster are sharing same DB performance of the vRO nodes is tied to DB performance. Increasing the number of vRO nodes in the cluster result in increased traffic toward DB server which  might end up to decreased  performance of DB server leading to decrease in performance of the vRO nodes. So if you plan to have large number of vRO nodes in the cluster I would advise to track DB performance and adjust DB server resources accordingly.

kunalkhairnar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the responses.

As it turns out there is no limit on the number of nodes in a vRO cluster-mode deployment. As the Database has to be shared across the vRO node, the consideration on that front needs to be taken care of.

Thanks.

0 Kudos