VMware Cloud Community
nef_user
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vRealize Orchestrator 8.2 upgrade issue

Hi guys,

I'm trying to upgrade vRO from 8.1 patch 1 to 8.2. When I run the upgrade I receive a message: Pre-check found that your orchestrator server uses vSphere authentication. To be able to login with orchestrator client we need to update metadata in PSC SSO....

After the message I provide the password for the SSO user and then I get the message: Updating bootstrap patch was terminated with error. Upgrade will not be continue. More details available at /var/log/vmware/prelude.

I`ve checked the log files and I've found nothing that helps.

Any ideas?

thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nef_user
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Update:

I`ve upgraded successfully from 8.1 Patch 3 to 8.2 Patch 1 (released 5 days ago). I did not tried to upgrade from 8.1 Patch 1 to 8.2 Patch 1.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
nef_user
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Update: I made a test and upgraded to 8.1 patch 3 without any issue

0 Kudos
HuiLuo_new
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Same here, any updates?

0 Kudos
HuiLuo_new
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Tried to run the script under /var/vmware/prelude/upgrade/run directly, got error here:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 4, in <module>
File "src/lxml/lxml.etree.pyx", line 3213, in lxml.etree.fromstring (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:79010)
File "src/lxml/parser.pxi", line 1843, in lxml.etree._parseMemoryDocument (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:118282)
ValueError: Unicode strings with encoding declaration are not supported. Please use bytes input or XML fragments without declaration.
SSO session login failed. HTTP status code 500

Do not know why

0 Kudos
nef_user
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Update:

I`ve upgraded successfully from 8.1 Patch 3 to 8.2 Patch 1 (released 5 days ago). I did not tried to upgrade from 8.1 Patch 1 to 8.2 Patch 1.  

0 Kudos
HuiLuo_new
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I've upgraded successfully from 8.1 Patch2 to 8.2 Patch1

0 Kudos