VMware Cloud Community
vmwareigp2
Contributor
Contributor

vRO workflow parallel run fails

Hi Tech folks,

I have a workflow which creates AD group and  get's highest gid from AD-Domain controller and it gets added to as AD attribute for Linux authentication .

It works fine, when we provision( workflow runs well) a single server, If I spun more than 10 VM's from VRA  some runs are failing and some of them gid are getting duplicated.

Is there any way to eradicate this duplication of gid  and parallel workflow failures.

Regards

Sam

0 Kudos
1 Reply
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Sam,

It is hard to say why some runs are failing without looking at the scripting code and at the exact errors reported.

As for duplicate gid values, I guess this can happen if two or more runs try to get the highest gid at the same time. Take a look at http://vroapi.com/Class/Intrinsics/1.0.0/LockingSystem scripting object; you can use its methods for locking/unlocking to guarantee that only a single run at a time will attempt to get the current gid. That is, each run has first to obtain a lock (shared with all other runs), then get the gid, then release the lock to unblock the other runs.

0 Kudos