VMware Cloud Community
virtualdive
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

vRO disk full issue /tmp/vami-support folder

Hello Folks,

I am facing repeated disk full issues on vRO because of a folder /tmp/vami-support.29026 that has lot of logs in it. As I understand this folder could be holding VAMI logs but I am not seeing any rotation on this. Whenever any vRO logs are generated the size of this folder increases that kills the disk space. I have to clear the logs manually.

Does anyone know what is this folder and can this be deleted? Or some other solution to it please?

Regards,

'V'
thevshish.blogspot.in
vExpert-2014-2021
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I think that's where logs are staged when a log bundle is generated. It should be safe to clear because no logs are permanently written to /tmp/.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I think that's where logs are staged when a log bundle is generated. It should be safe to clear because no logs are permanently written to /tmp/.

0 Kudos
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

On nearly all the VMware appliances we've needed to expand the disk so we aren't constantly managing this sort of thing.  I'd suggest downloading gparted live CD image.  Then shutdown the vm, grow the disk by 10 or 20GB, boot from gparted live (will need to boot into the bios once and modify to boot from cd first), then use the gparted interface to modify the partition size and expand the disk.  You may also need to add a cdrom to the vm.

I applaud vmware for trying to distribute as compact of appliances ad possible but vRO has been a constant problem for us.  Some of the other products are smart and actually auto expand the disk when you grow the disk but Orchestrator is still a manual process (at least as of 7.3.x).

0 Kudos
GayathriS
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi

I have seen this as pretty old files in VRO /tmp/vami-support.29026 .

You can delete them if not you can create a cron job specificalsly on this file so that it performs log rotation

virtualdive
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Technically this folder should not be there at all. I checked on few other vRO deployments in other environment and this folder does not exist on any of the vRO nodes. I am not sure how it came here, so I deleted it.

This folder will come if you run support-bundle using this KB: VMware Knowledge Base .

Thanks folks.

Regards,

'V'
thevshish.blogspot.in
vExpert-2014-2021
0 Kudos