VMware Cloud Community
schistad
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vRO appliance under Workstation - ovf properties missing, cannot login

I've just spent a couple of hours trying to get a lab vRO instance running inside Workstation, and it's slowly dawning on me that it might not work properly in the absense of the OVF environment normally provided by vCenter.

While I can set the IP manually from the studio interface, and it appears to be working, I just cannot get past the 'password has expired' error when logging into the configuration interface.

I've set the password using both the 1st time setup, by injecting the default password hash into /etc/vco/configuration/passwd.properties, and through the studio interface. I always get rejected with "Login failed: User/password mismatch or account temporarily blocked after too many unsuccessful attempts ".

I can see in the log that something funky is happening:

015-02-18 20:38:19.264+0000 [http-bio-8283-exec-7] WARN  {} [IGNORED_EXCEPTION] Ignored exception.

java.lang.NullPointerException

at java.util.Hashtable.hash(Unknown Source)

at java.util.Hashtable.get(Unknown Source)

at java.util.Properties.getProperty(Unknown Source)

at ch.dunes.vso.configuration.web.commons.login.UserFactory.getDigest(UserFactory.java:102)

at ch.dunes.vso.configuration.web.commons.login.UserFactory.authenticate(UserFactory.java:94)

at com.vmware.o11n.configuration.tomcat.O11nConfigurationRealm.check(O11nConfigurationRealm.java:70)

at com.vmware.o11n.configuration.tomcat.O11nConfigurationRealm.authenticate(O11nConfigurationRealm.java:46)

at org.apache.catalina.realm.CombinedRealm.authenticate(CombinedRealm.java:146)

at org.apache.catalina.realm.LockOutRealm.authenticate(LockOutRealm.java:180)

at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.FormAuthenticator.authenticate(FormAuthenticator.java:296)

at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:450)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:100)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteIpValve.invoke(RemoteIpValve.java:680)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:953)

at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn.invoke(SingleSignOn.java:314)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:409)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1044)

at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:607)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:313)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Feb 18, 2015 8:38:32 PM org.apache.catalina.realm.LockOutRealm authenticate

WARNING: An attempt was made to authenticate the locked user "dm13YXJl"

And by the way: I am using chrome, and firefox has the same problem as well so NOT the IE issue.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
HanSooloo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Running into the same problem.

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Could you tell me the exact vRO version you use? I want to try to reproduce this error in my environment.

0 Kudos