VMware Cloud Community
Treyvon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vRO Provision Blueprint With Increased Disk Size issues

Hi everyone, I just had a quick question. Are you able to set the maximum disk size for a server in your blue print that is over 1024 GB? At the moment I'm running into errors when I attempted to increase the max disk size value, and couldn't find what is causing the error, or any logic stopping a server being provisioned with 2048 GB's instead. I set the dbSize paramater to 2048GB's instead of 1024 GB's, and it's running into the error found below, and can not figure out what's causing that issue.

[Rest Composite Exception]: ( [Rest Error]: {Status code: 400}, {Error code: 20117} , {Error Source: null}, {Error Msg: The data specified within the request is invalid.}, {System Msg: The data specified within the request is invalid.} ) ( [Rest Error]: {Status code: 400}, {Error code: 11003} , {Error Source: null}, {Error Msg: The value of the 'Server~initial.db.size' field cannot be more than 1024.}, {System Msg: The value of the field with id Server~initial.db.size cannot be more than 1,024.} ) ( [Rest Error]: {Status code: 400}, {Error code: 11003} , {Error Source: null}, {Error Msg: The value of the 'Server~initial.db.size' field cannot be more than 1024.}, {System Msg: The value of the field with id Server~initial.db.size cannot be more than 1,024.} )

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Treyvon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Okay I found the issue, I missed setting the maximum value under "property definitions" for the dbSize property, and that's what was throwing the error! Thanks for helping me work through this !

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
xian_
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Check your blueprint constraints:

xian__0-1615275439146.png

Treyvon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I forgot to mention I had already increased the "Machine Resources", as well as trying to create a brand new test blueprint and keep getting the same error.

0 Kudos
xian_
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Does your reservation allow consuming this amount of storage?

Treyvon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Our reservation's are open so that shouldn't be an issue at least.

0 Kudos
Treyvon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Okay I found the issue, I missed setting the maximum value under "property definitions" for the dbSize property, and that's what was throwing the error! Thanks for helping me work through this !

0 Kudos