harshstar121
Contributor
Contributor

vRO : Duplicate Resource Folder(category) inside another Folder.

Jump to solution

I was just playing with vRO in my office. Let me tell you the scenario first:

So there is this workflow scheduled to run on daily basis and create 2 files in Resource Element. The requirement is to create folder inside another one and its name should be the date.

Ex. Parent folder name : Routes inside this I need to create another folder with the name like Tue Dec 10 2019 08:39:13 GMT-0000 (UTC) .

But the thing is it is creating 2 folder differently with the same name!..... 

here is the sample code i'm executing.

var location = "VM Routing Reports/abc";

System.log(location);

createFile(location);

System.sleep(2000);

createFile(location);

function createFile(location){

Server.createResourceElement(location, "hk");

}

this code is creating 2 folder with the same in in resource element.

vroissue.png

Can anyone help me to check whats wrong in code??

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stevedrummond
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

You may need to provide different sample code then because its doing exactly as expected. Based on my understanding of your requirement I quickly wrote this which to me is doing exactly what you want.

scheduledRun();

System.debug('Sleeping 5 seconds');

System.sleep(5 * 1000);

scheduledRun();

function scheduledRun() {

const rootPath = 'drummo';

const resourceElement = Server.createResourceElement(rootPath + '/' + new Date().toISOString(), 'my_element');

System.debug(resourceElement.name);

}

pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Which vRO version is this? I wasn't able to reproduce this behavior on one of the my deployments I have at hand (vRO 7.3).

0 Kudos
stevedrummond
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I'm confused. It's doing exactly what your code is telling it to.

You have statically defined the path as var location = "VM Routing Reports/abc"; . You then create a Resource Element at that path called hk.

Your problem statement mentioned you wanted the folder to be named by the date? Shouldn't you then be calling:

createFile(<location>, <name>) where name is your timestamp style name? And then your call is Server.createResourceElement(location, name)?

0 Kudos
harshstar121
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I'm using vro 7.5

0 Kudos
harshstar121
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

actually the date style name is my actual scenario(actual project work bit complex). It was not working in that so I tried with simple few line code to create 2 files in the same location (assume abc inside VM Routing Reports also assume abc folder is not present initially).

0 Kudos
stevedrummond
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

You may need to provide different sample code then because its doing exactly as expected. Based on my understanding of your requirement I quickly wrote this which to me is doing exactly what you want.

scheduledRun();

System.debug('Sleeping 5 seconds');

System.sleep(5 * 1000);

scheduledRun();

function scheduledRun() {

const rootPath = 'drummo';

const resourceElement = Server.createResourceElement(rootPath + '/' + new Date().toISOString(), 'my_element');

System.debug(resourceElement.name);

}

pastedImage_0.png