VMware Cloud Community
hgdeloitte
Contributor
Contributor

vRO Cloud Specific Information

Hi. 

I see a good amount of information in VMware Docs on vRA and vRO 8.8 but not much about vRO Cloud.  I did find some information on vRA Cloud.  Where may I locate vRO cloud specific information.  Also, is there a book (I know, old school) or something available.  The latest I see is the vRO Cookbook from 2016 which appears to be based on 7.x.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
emacintosh
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Are you asking about vRO being hosted in VMware's cloud?  If so, I don't think that exists...yet?  For vRA cloud, I believe the accompanying vRO device(s) is deployed on-prem and called Cloud Extensibility Proxy.

0 Kudos
hgdeloitte
Contributor
Contributor

Hello emacintosh.  Thanks for responding.

I have the extensibility proxy setup and accessible.

What I am lacking is knowledge on how to use it. VMware's documentation is lacking and most of the information I find on Google is related to installation and/or usage of version 7.x.

Did find this the other day - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhIRxTU_tyA&list=PL1JSSDnw-d0EZwetXDE-0q_wyEgWeW6Bf

In short, how to use vRO to create and implement Actions and Workflows is what I need at the moment; and anything else I can get my hands on.

Short term goals are:

Snapshots - For which there is an action/workflow.

Add and Remove Memory

Add and Remove vCPUs

Extend an existing disk. - I see an action/workflow for adding a disk.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
emacintosh
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Ah I see...in that case, you should be able to use the "normal" vRO 8.x documentation.  I think for the most part, the functionality is the same as the embedded/external vRO's that would be used on-prem.

If you're new to vRO in general, then maybe try to find some videos online.  Frankly, even 7.x vRO isn't THAT much different when it comes to the concepts of workflows/actions/etc.

To that end, that channel (vvork) also has a yt playlist for 7.x vRO which is mainly how I learned vRO.  I would recommend those videos as the concepts are explained well and just about every aspect of automating with vRO is covered.  I think he ran out of steam when trying to recreate them for 8.x.