VMware Cloud Community
nef_user
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vRO 8 - Bind variable to workflow input issue

Hi,

I have a String variable that I want to bind to the input of a workflow, but when I try to select the variable at the input of the workflow it does not show the variable to select. I've tryed for many workflows that have a String as input variable, and for some workflows I can bind and for othes it does not show. For example, I cannot bind to any autogenerated workflow (autogenerated from a REST operation).

Is someone else having this issue?

vRO 8.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Generation of 'String' instead of 'string' was fixed in versions 2.3.x of HTTP-REST plug-in. Could you check what's the version of this plug-in in your setup?

View solution in original post

7 Replies
nef_user
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I think I've found the issue.

When I run the "generate a new workflow from a rest operation" a new workflow is created with input parameters of type String (S - UpperCase). When I create a variable at the workflow the type is string (s - LowerCase). I cannot bind the variable to the input of the workflow this way. If I edit the type of the input at the auto generated workflow I can set the type to string (s - LowerCase). When the type of the input is string and not String I can bind the variable to the input of the workflow.

0 Kudos
nef_user
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Can someone reproduce this issue?

thanks

0 Kudos
ashu_emc
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

If you are generating a value and assigning to a variable which need to pass to another workflow then create a field in "variables" of the workflow. And assign that variable in the workflow and set the variable in the "outputs". In the next workflow where you need the variable should be available as input.

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Generation of 'String' instead of 'string' was fixed in versions 2.3.x of HTTP-REST plug-in. Could you check what's the version of this plug-in in your setup?

nef_user
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

It is fixed for REST operations but I have the same issue with SOAP operations. The workflows are being generated with input variables of type 'String' instead of 'string'.

SOAP plugin: 2.0.0.14498947

thanks.

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Thanks for reporting it for SOAP plug-in operations. I'll open a ticket in the backlog to track this issue.

If you need a quick/urgent fix, consider opening an official support request.

nef_user
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

I can fix by editing the autogenerated workflow and changing the input variable type to 'string'. This workaround is working, so it's not a big problem.

Thanks.

0 Kudos