VMware Cloud Community
the_monk
Contributor
Contributor

vRO 8.8 : Set deployment owner via Orchestrator during build

I am requesting a catalog item using the API on behalf of a requestor using a custom form. The API is using a service account for authorization and hence the deployment inherits it as the owner. I would like it to be set to the original requestor which I can obtain from the metadata of the custom form.

I found an API for a Day2 action to change the owner once the deployment is done. However, I was wondering if this can be done at the beginning of the request. I was not able to find any fields in the models where I could supply it. Can somebody please help?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jphelps_tmhcc
Contributor
Contributor

I am looking for this same answer...  Do you figure out how to do this??

0 Kudos
eoinbyrne
Expert
Expert

Looking at the API docs for CatalogItem it seems like the "on behalf of" capability is not there in 8.x

At the moment I'm achieving the result you want by letting the Deployment compete and then running the "Change Owner" Day 2 action to transfer the resources into the requestor's name. This is in vRO from an XaaS workflow. 

The owner change operation uses the body content below

eoinbyrne_0-1676306920853.png

Then this is fired at the deployment API

eoinbyrne_1-1676306970874.png

Your content policies will need to allow the Day2 operation &, the user in question will need to be in the same Project as the service account. If the Project is different you'd need to check if the "Change Project" Day2 action is supported on your version & then use that operation first. (That action is available on the 8.10 instance I'm working on here)

-HTH

Tags (1)