VMware Cloud Community
nef_user
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vRO 8.6 upgrade issue

I'm trying to upgrade from vRO 8.5 to 8.6. 

The upgrade is stuck after hours waiting...and I see at the logs the same messages in loop:

VAMI upgrade is still in progress

VAMI upgrade in progress

VAMI checking upgrade progress

Any ideas? thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nef_user
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

update: I've opened a support request. This is a known issue with vRO 8.6. The update needs more than 1GB free at /var/log. If there is not enough space you will not see the partition full, but the update will be stuck. The solution is to delete the files cron or auth.log at /var/log if they are too big or to increase disk size. The support team have a script to check if there is enough space to update.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
nef_user
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

update: I was able to update from 8.5.0 to 8.5.1 without issues, but from 8.5.1 to 8.6 I have the same problem

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
nef_user
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

update: I've opened a support request. This is a known issue with vRO 8.6. The update needs more than 1GB free at /var/log. If there is not enough space you will not see the partition full, but the update will be stuck. The solution is to delete the files cron or auth.log at /var/log if they are too big or to increase disk size. The support team have a script to check if there is enough space to update.

0 Kudos