VMware Cloud Community
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

vRO 8.5 git repo push failing when versioning item. Seems to work from git history tab.

When I set the version on an action or workflow I get the dialogue that the repo is being updated and might take a while but the update never goes through.  If I initiate a push from the git history view that seems to be working.  Have I found a bug?  Did I miss something in my setup.  I am connecting to an internal instance of github.  I also get this error message popping up once it times out "Error: Push to remote failed with status: REJECTED_OTHER_REASON Reason: pre-receive hook declined"

0 Kudos
3 Replies
lurims
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I got the same issue and VMWARE said that it is on the internal implementation of git.  Seems there are server side and client side hooks.  I am still working with git admin to get the actual logs on the server side why push is failing.  I also suspect cert issues.  If the cert is not installed, git server may not be trusting this bro instance to push the code to.  Stay tuned for more info.  If you know earlier than me please share it here.

0 Kudos
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I don't recall what changed but now versioning seems to work fine when I hit that button on the action or workflows.  Turned out one thing that was triggering the error to pop up when I tried to do larger commits or the initial commit had to do with one of the resources I had being an executable and the hook code checked for that.  I forget what other rules we have set but there should be more detail in the logs of the git server if you have an admin that can assist.

0 Kudos
lurims
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, getting the server-side logs.

0 Kudos