VMware Cloud Community
user2018
Contributor
Contributor

vRO 8.2 and 8.3 values options not showing in input Form (vrealize Orchestrator appliance)

Hello,

In input form, -> Values tab

I have two options :

-default values (that I can external bind to an action).

- values options (that I can bind to predefined values for example)

But for some reason, on 1 of my input parameter, the values options is not showing. Whereas, for the same type of parameter (memory), I do have both options.

Is there something I do wrong ? my objective was to populate predefined values from my action. On both CPU parameter, and memory. On memory side, nothing wrong, I can do that.

On CPU parameter, I am stuck with only default values. Values option is missing. Memory is working as expected without issue.

Thx for your help. I have posted 2 images that will resume my problem.

Good wk everybody

user2018_0-1615561028130.png

user2018_1-1615561233190.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
xian_
Expert
Expert

Have you changed the Display type to DropDown?

xian__0-1615565526528.png

0 Kudos
user2018
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Xian,

I cannot choose any display type on both parameters. The only option is decimal for both. Even though, memory does have the option values.

user2018_0-1615805450259.png

0 Kudos
user2018
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Xian,

I have looked a second time to the value type. Indeed something looks strange.

The CPU parameter is locked to decimal.

The memory parameter does not have any type specified. (which is maybe why I can set values options).

Any tips how to make the type undefined ? so that my problem will be solved. 🙂

user2018_0-1615809438777.pnguser2018_1-1615809458826.png

I have tried to change the input type parameter to "Any" but the values options is still missing. However, if I set it to "string" then, I have indeed a list of type that I can choose (dropDown list included).

But then, I will have problem with the rest of my workflow because I am suppose to work with "number". With string the build in functions will not work (change CPU & change RAM) so I don't see any way to get out.

Kind regards

0 Kudos