VMware Cloud Community
DexG83
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vRO 8.0.1 - MimeAttachment as Workflow Input causes 500, OK

Hello Community,

I am actually building a new workflow with an csv as input.

pastedImage_0.png

Unfortunately when debugging the workflow:

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_3.png

Error 500, OK.

Is anyone facing similar issues, or any ideas?

thx and kind regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I was able to reproduce the same error on my 8.0.1 deployment. In 8.1 the same code seems to work fine, though, so apparently something is fixed/changed in that version. Don't have 8.0.1 HF1/HF2 builds to check what's the situation there.

If you plan to stick with 8.0.1 and not upgrade to 8.1 soon, I'd suggest first to check with the latest service pack build, and if it still crashes there, consider opening a support request to deliver a fix with the next 8.0.1 service pack builds.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

How big is the CSV file (approximately)? Trying to load very large files could cause server errors.

I'd suggest to check vRO log files for more information about this error.

0 Kudos
DexG83
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The CSV is 2KB

2020-04-20 05:28:09.375+0000 [http-nio-8280-exec-20] ERROR {} [[restServlet]] Servlet.service() for servlet [restServlet] in context with path [/vco] threw exception [Request processing failed; nested exception is java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to ch.dunes.model.fileattachment.MimeAttachment] with root cause java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to ch.dunes.model.fileattachment.MimeAttachment

2020-04-20 05:28:09.377+0000 [access.log] [http-nio-8280-exec-20] 127.0.0.1 - - "POST /vco/api/workflows/e8e1bd07-7766-4993-b960-706195329bab/executions HTTP/1.1" 500 3308 47

I don't reallly know....

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Looks like some issue in the code that handles mime attachments. I'll try to deploy 8.0.1 in our lab and reproduce the error locally.

A couple of points to clarify:

• What is the exact vRO build that you use? Is it 8.0.1 GA version, or some later service pack build?
  • When exactly do you get this error? Immediately after you select the input parameter in the UI, or later when you run your workflow? If latter, it could be helpful if you can attach a sample workflow or sample scripting code (in case the error is not reproducible with arbitrary code/content).
0 Kudos
DexG83
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vRealize Orchestrator 8.0.1 (15282010)

The Error occured immediately after clicking "RUN". The Gui not even switches to the schema.

the only scriptable item after input contains the following:

System.debug("Input: VM Order Form");

serverAdmins = new Array();

arrOrderForm = new Array();

desiredVmConfig = new Properties();

// Split orderForm into lines

//arrOrderForm = vmOrderForm.content.split(/\r\n|\n\r|\n|\r/g);

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I was able to reproduce the same error on my 8.0.1 deployment. In 8.1 the same code seems to work fine, though, so apparently something is fixed/changed in that version. Don't have 8.0.1 HF1/HF2 builds to check what's the situation there.

If you plan to stick with 8.0.1 and not upgrade to 8.1 soon, I'd suggest first to check with the latest service pack build, and if it still crashes there, consider opening a support request to deliver a fix with the next 8.0.1 service pack builds.

0 Kudos
DexG83
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hey Ilian,

thank you so much for your support - I just built my new test environment based on vRO 8.1, which hopefully covers all my needs ;D

Best Regards,

Dex

0 Kudos