I seem to be having some issues with the vRO 7 client where I have to manually refresh it quite a bit to see log updates and to see the status changes of executing workflows. A manual refresh usually works but I have run into some issues where I need to completely exit the client and load it back up in order for the information to be updated. Anyone else experiencing similar issues? I do not seem to have these issues with my 5.x vRO servers. I only have a couple of 6.x vRO servers and I don't recall having these issues with those either but I don't spend much time in front of them so its possible those exhibit similar behavior.
I see a few open PRs in our internal bug tracking systems related to refresh issues in vRO client. There are some code commits but the PRs are still not closed which means the issues in this area are still not fully fixed.
In some of the cases, it seems the root cause was time not been synced between client and server machines, which caused update message notifications sent from the server to be lost.
What are you using as your host name value as? Is it a plain IP address or hostname?
I have had really bad time with VRO 7 client on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 desktops, it has been very sluggish and I had lots of those refresh issue.
I got very annoyed by this and I though that I had network issue so I did some snooping with Wireshark. I noticed that VRO client was sending netbios name queries to VRO server (udp/137), since I am using VRO appliance it does not respond to these queries so this made VRO client to "get stuck" until query timed out. I was using VRO server IP address as target in VRO client, I switched to using VRO server FQDN as target in client and these netbios name queries ended, and so did most of my issues.
So make sure that you connect to your VRO server using host name, not IP address.
Ilian, out of curiosity, are these PRs specifically against vRO7? We have started to notice something similar in one of our 5.5 instances where client needs to be manually refreshed in order to update interface (JWS or locally-installed client); and eventually even manual refresh would get stuck. At this point user needs to terminate their client session and server side restart is required to resume normal operation. Client/server time is synched as far as I can tell postmortem. server.log contained the following message of interest for my future research (I haven't established it as a pattern yet): "System has detected that a lot of scripting logs are generated by your scripts, this may slow down you system performance, you should check your workflows".
Seems like could be user caused but tends to impact entire service eventually.
For me , If I connect the system to VPN and then accessing the VRO make this refresh issue but from office network Most of the time it works fine but it is valid point for engineering to look further as it is disturbing the workflow development.
I have the same issue after upgrading to vRO 7. It did not start immediately after the upgrade, so I am not sure it is related.
I have filed a support request for this issue.
I can add that I also have problems with popups not working. For instance when trying to add a async workflow to a workflow, it normally pops up with a box where you select the workflow, but this does not work. Hense I cannot add async workflows! I stead the client freezes, and I have to kill it using the task manager.
I found out that this last bit was due to another issue. Go here if you care: Re: Help getting vRO working again - cannot add a workflow element to my schema