VMware Cloud Community
BillStreet00
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vRO 7.3 - Day 2 inputs to vRO Action

I have a day2 that is based on deployment input.  How can I get that deployment and other variables in my Day2 to a vRO action?  I am trying to hide certain parts of my form based on a custom attribute of my VM.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
xian_
Expert
Expert

What is the target of your day2 action? A VM or a deployment?

0 Kudos
BillStreet00
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

A deployment

0 Kudos
xian_
Expert
Expert

and you want to know the value of a custom property of a VM within your deployment?

0 Kudos
BillStreet00
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

No.  I have a WF that allows users to look at their VM's and see if they are ready for production.

They select their deployment and select the promote Day 2.  This WF has four inputs, build number, deployment, whether they want to evaluate their VM, remediate it or promote it to operating status. The last is just a confirmation that they really want to remediate the VM.  When remediation is ran it stamps the VM with a last remediation date and time. 

The problem comes in when they run remediate.  This causes the VM to check OS patches, security patches and a couple others all of which end up with some type of reboot.  We want to give a 20 minute window where no one can evaluate, remediate or promote until we know for sure that VM is back up. 

I planned to solve this issue by going into the Day2 form and adding a visibility condition on the picker where the decide what they want to do.  I created an action that is to read in the deployment, get the vm's last remediation time and do some calculations tell the form whether it can display the picker or not.  I need to pass the deployment to that action.

0 Kudos
xian_
Expert
Expert

OK this action has an input vCACCAFE:CatalogResource and I am able to pass the deployment resource as an input to return a string (into a default value of a field):

deployment_res.png

However I'd use the locking system of vRO instead.

0 Kudos
BillStreet00
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Definitely need vRO due to everything we do.

0 Kudos