VMware Cloud Community
Czernobog
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

vRO 6 - AD Plugin - get AD Users' group membership

I want to get the AD Users group membership using the plugin.

There are two methods I have tried and both fail:

ADUser.getAttribute("memberOf");

- this returns only the first group the AD user is the member of; In the AD the groups (group DNs) are separated by semicolons - why is only the first value returned?

var ADGroups = new Array();

ADGroups = ADUser.memberOf;

- this should return an array of AD:UserGroups, the number of returned groups is correct (checked with .length), but each value is null:

for each (ADGroup in ADGroups){

System.log(ADGroup.getAttribute("distinguishedName"));

}

output: TypeError: Cannot call method "getAttribute" of null

What would be the correct way to return an array of groups the Ad user is a member of?

Edit:

I've tried to use the newest 3.0.0 plugin from here too: Technical preview version of VMware vCenter Orchestrator Plug-In for Microsoft Active Directory

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
igaydajiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Version 3.0.1 of the plugin containing fix for memberOf properties is available here Technical preview version of VMware vCenter Orchestrator Plug-In for Microsoft Active Directory

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
igaydajiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Thanks for trying out latest version of the plugin and providing feedback.

I just try out your code and received similar result when using User.memeberOf property.It looks like regression in version  3.0.0 of the plugin. I will open an internal issue and I will check it.

Meanwhile if you need the list of DN's stored in memberOf property you can try out following code

var ADGroups = new Array();

groupDns = user.getArrayAttribute('memberOf');

for each (dn in groupDns){

System.log("Group dn " + dn);

}

0 Kudos
igaydajiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Version 3.0.1 of the plugin containing fix for memberOf properties is available here Technical preview version of VMware vCenter Orchestrator Plug-In for Microsoft Active Directory

0 Kudos
Czernobog
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Thank you for to fast resolution, the new version works fine!

0 Kudos