VMware Cloud Community
HSBCPB
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vCenter Orchestrator - Problem connecting to vCenter Server

Hello,

I have 2 VM servers in W2K8 R2 64 bits (1 vCenter Server and 1 vCenter Update Manager + vCenter Orchestrator).

Into vCenter Orchestrator Configuration, vCenter Server 4.1 tab, I configure my vCenter Server, I receive the following error message :

Error     https://vCenterServerName:443/sdk, Administrator session with username 'xyz'     Error connecting to : https://vCenterServerName:443/sdk

I put the SSL Certificates for my vCenter Server. I try a Telnet on the port 443 it's work fine.

Does anyone have an idea ?

Thank you in advance

Have a nice day

Best Regards

Christophe Simond

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mmarinov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

HI Christophe,

Is your VC with static IP. If not I suspect that you need to a) try to connect to VC via IP instead of name b) add your ip-name to the hosts file.

If that is not the case it might be useful to publish the logs.

Regards,

--Martin

Martin Marinov VMware Software Engineer If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points
0 Kudos
HSBCPB
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello Martin,

Thank's to your response, but my vCenter have a static IP. Which logs I need to publish ? Does it the jetty.txt ?

Regards

Christophe

0 Kudos
dvatov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Christophe,

The log file is in VCO_HOME/configuration//jetty/logs/jetty.log.

Regards,

Daniel

HSBCPB
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

Here is my log file

0 Kudos
dvatov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The configuration fails to retrieve the soap session id from the response of the login attempt. Can you verify that you can connect to vCenter Server with its own client. You can also check(post) vCenter Server log file located at C:\ProgramData\VMware\VMware VirtualCenter\Logs\vpxd-<number>.log. Depending on your Windows version it may be on other place (under Program Files I think). You can increase the default log level for vCenter Server to trivia (from vSphere Client Home -> vCenter Server Settings-> Logging Options)

Regards,

Daniel

HSBCPB
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

I find the problème, In the vCenter Orchestrator I was using an account that had no permissions into vCenter Server.

I put this account with administrator permissions into vCenter Server and now it's work fine.

Thank you to everyone who helped me.

0 Kudos