VMware Cloud Community
BenNeise
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vCO WebView Error - Parameter value is not defined in the list of the Webview attribute

Hi,

I've been trying to create a simple web view for Orchestrator (5.5.1 1617127), which will present a link to run a single workflow. I followed the instructions in the VMware Guide and the VCO Team Blog, but both end up with similar errors, which seem to have a common root: it looks as though the web view can't read the attributes.

On the web page, I'll see something similar to the following:

Webview - An exception has occurred.

Reason: WorkflowLink component error: 'attribute' (aliases 'workflow') parameter value ('createVM') is not defined in the list of the Webview attribute

You may continue by restarting the session.

In the server.log, I see the following:-

2014-10-02 11:46:04.717+0100 [http-bio-xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx-8281-exec-2] INFO  {} [WebviewExceptionPage] Webview Exception - message:

org.apache.hivemind.ApplicationRuntimeException: WorkflowLink component error: 'attribute' (aliases 'workflow') parameter value ('createVM') is not defined in the list of the Webview attribute

The attribute createVM is defined in that correct web view as an attribute with a Type of Workflow and a value of Create simple virtual machine. I get similar errors no matter what kind of attribute I try to get from the workflow (the getVirtualMachineList example doesn't create an error on the page, but doesn't populate the window, and creates a similar message in the log).

Can anyone give me any pointers on what to look at next? I can't seem to find anyone else with this error, which makes me think it might be something specific to this environment, but I can't work out what it might be.

Thanks in advance,

Ben

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BenNeise
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I got around this by restarting the service after each new Attribute was added, which was far from perfect, but while looking around on the forums, I saw that WebViews were being deprecated, so I'm going to have to look at alternatives anyway.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BenNeise
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I got around this by restarting the service after each new Attribute was added, which was far from perfect, but while looking around on the forums, I saw that WebViews were being deprecated, so I'm going to have to look at alternatives anyway.

0 Kudos
Burke-
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

When looking into alternatives to the deprecated Webviews, you may benefit from looking into the Wavemaker based fling found here: Wavemaker Integration for vCenter Orchestrator – VMware Labs .

I have not set this up myself yet due to time constraints.

If my answer resolved or helped you, please mark it as Correct or Helpful to award points. Thank you!

Visit http://www.vcoteam.info & http://blogs.vmware.com/orchestrator
for vRealize Orchestrator tips and tutorials - @TechnicalValues on Twitter