VMware Cloud Community
colinj
Contributor
Contributor

vCO Library Plugin not loading or Library not visible in vCO client

I'm working with a fresh install of both vCenter and vCenter Orchestrator (both 4.1.1) and I'm running in to a roadblock.

When I log in with the vCO client I can see the Workflow section and create/add new folders and workflows but the Library folder that should be there seems to be missing, at least I can't see it with either of the users I'm logging in as. Both of these users are members of the vCO admins group. My assumption here is that the vCO Library plugin is what provides the library in the vCO client.

I have tried disabling the vCO Library plugin, restarting the vCO service and then re-enabling the vCO Library plugin and then restarting the vCO service again. However the log simply reports "'Library' does not need installation : version number is the same !"

I hope I'm missing something really obvious here. What do I need to do to make the Library visible?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
colinj
Contributor
Contributor

I'll add that this is a standalone installation of Orchestrator so it is not running on the same machine as vCenter.

0 Kudos
tschoergez
Leadership
Leadership

Hi!

Do you see something relevant in the server.log or the boot.log of the orchestrator server?

They are located in C:\Program Files\VMware\Orchestrator\app-server\server\vmo\log

Regards,

Joerg

0 Kudos
cdecanini_
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This means the vCO server did not deploy the library packages when starting.

• Go in the web configure / troubleshooting tab
  • Force plug-in reinstallation when server starts Reset current version
  • Restart the vco service

If the workflows still do not show up

Check the username / password on the plug-in tab and check the following is correct

"Provide the credentials of a user who is a member of the vCO Admin  group. These credentials are used to set up the plug-ins when the server  starts."

Christophe.

If my answer resolved or helped you, please mark it as Correct or Helpful to award points. Thank you! Visit http://www.vcoteam.info & http://blogs.vmware.com/orchestrator for vCenter Orchestrator tips and tutorials - @vCOTeam on Twitter
Jinnie
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

When you go to the Packages menu, do you see there the following packages:

com.vmware.library

com.vmware.library.locking

com.vmware.util

com.vmware.library.webview

Btw, other plugins are also placing workflows in the Library folder, so I guess it's not something specific to the library plugin in this case.

What happens if you manually create a Library folder in the workflow tree?

0 Kudos
colinj
Contributor
Contributor

cdecanini_ nailed it. The libraries had not been deployed properly. Forcing them to redeploy did the trick.

Thanks to everyone!

0 Kudos