VMware Cloud Community
mcfadyenj
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

user interaction workflows

I have been having what appears to be an intermittent issue with the hyperlink on the bottom of web interaction pages.

Sometimes I have a URL at the bottom of all interactions that states you can access the interaction via the vco web portal to answer blocking task like items.

Such as;

Respond directly from here.

recently this seems to only be present in some of my workflows even though the code is identical. Is it the user interaction that should trigger the URL or should this be crafted into the content of the email message body ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
igaydajiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You can use some of the below methods inside vCO scripting box to generate an url for answering user interaction.

WorkflowToken.getAnswerUrl()

WorkflowToken.getWebviewAnswerUrl()

WorkflowInput.getAnswerUrl()

WorkflowInput.getWebviewAnswerUrl()

You can use those method to craft the URL and embed it in e-mail

There is a special mode that can be enabled from vCO Configurator  allowing users to answer directly (no need to login or provide credentials) when they follow the answer URL.

Check also following post for more details https://communities.vmware.com/message/2229607?z=q04FRR

Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I searched in current vCO source code but didn't find such text ('respond directly from here').

Could you attach a screenshot showing where exactly this message is displayed? Which version of vCO are you using? Does this link appear with the stock vCO workflows, or only with your custom workflows? If with stock, which one? By 'vco web portal', do you mean vCO Web Operator webview, or something else?

0 Kudos
Installpac
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Sorry I don't know the exact text as it has stopped functioning and I don't have the email present.

The only word I know for sure is

directly which is actually a hyperlink to the web operator user interaction page.

this is not a show stopper it is just very handy to have. I guess I will try to craft it into a user interaction content email as I don't know what happened to it.

0 Kudos
Installpac
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

actually I found the text. And the hyperlink code, it would be nice to find a way to get this back. I guess I could craft it easily enough but I suppose I shouldn't have to.

You may answer directly.

</p><p>You may <a href="http://xx.xx.xx.xx:8280/vmo/weboperator/webform.html?cmd=answer&workflowTokenId=8aafbeee427cedb50142...> directly.

0 Kudos
igaydajiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You can use some of the below methods inside vCO scripting box to generate an url for answering user interaction.

WorkflowToken.getAnswerUrl()

WorkflowToken.getWebviewAnswerUrl()

WorkflowInput.getAnswerUrl()

WorkflowInput.getWebviewAnswerUrl()

You can use those method to craft the URL and embed it in e-mail

There is a special mode that can be enabled from vCO Configurator  allowing users to answer directly (no need to login or provide credentials) when they follow the answer URL.

Check also following post for more details https://communities.vmware.com/message/2229607?z=q04FRR

Hope it helps.

0 Kudos