VMware Cloud Community
rkrichevskiy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

unable to find valid certification path to requested target

What possibly could I be missing? vRO 7.1; Added remote's SSL server cert in CA keystore according to vRO configuration on inventory tab in my client. Trying to exec a simple scriptable step:

var url = new URL("https://remote:port/");

System.log(url.getContent());

Getting this:

HTTP GET error : sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Are there any quirks with running something like this? Seems like an obvious error but I can't figure out how to fix it

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rkrichevskiy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Administrator restarted appliance and now url.getContent() has no issues connecting with remote. Not sure why REST plugin and getContent method have different behavior.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

How did you import the server certificate - using OOTB workflow 'Import a certificate from URL' or in some other way?

Could you try to restart vRO server and check if the error is still there?

Also, could you try to add -Djavax.net.debug=ssl to JVM_OPTS variable in file /usr/lib/vco/app-server/bin/setenv.sh and then restart vRO server? This should add some extra logging related to SSL communication that could provide more information about the SSL error.

rkrichevskiy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Affirmative on import procedure. Not at the service control but will confirm if restart helps. This one is odd because trying to Invoke a REST host with GET works on this vRO instance against the same remote, while url.getContent fails. Thanks for the ssl debug reminder, this surely will be helpful.

0 Kudos
rkrichevskiy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Administrator restarted appliance and now url.getContent() has no issues connecting with remote. Not sure why REST plugin and getContent method have different behavior.

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Thanks for confirming it. I was also being able to reproduce it locally in my environment.

I'll open a PR to get it fixed.

0 Kudos