VMware Cloud Community
Mururam
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

"Run program in guest" VCO Workflow throws "File <unspecified filename> was not found" error in VCO connected to VCD 5.1

I am trying to execute a vbs script on a windows machine using "Run program in guest" VCO Flow. I am using the Program path input only and placed the script under c drive for ease of testing , and trying to run a vmware script for testing as follows. I receive a VCO Flow error File <unspecified filename> was not found. What is wrong with the inputs.

Flowname                  :               Library/vCenter/Guest operations/Processes/Run program in guest

Inputs                        :

programPath                             c:\cscript.exe vm-support.vbs

arguments

workingDirectory

environment                               not set

interactivesession                      No

Output                        :             File <unspecified filename> was not found

Thanks,

MuruRam

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tschoergez
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Hi!

In your example the command would only be c:\cscript.exe, and vm-support.vbs is an argument to that command.

Cheers,

Joerg

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
tschoergez
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Hi!

In your example the command would only be c:\cscript.exe, and vm-support.vbs is an argument to that command.

Cheers,

Joerg

0 Kudos
Burke-
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

In addition to Joerg's comment; if your program path is being input by a user, then you "may" need to use a double backslash:

c:\\cscript.exe

BTW, is cscript.exe really in the root of c:? That command is generally in the Windows PATH so you shouldn't need to specify the path in your command. If you specify c:\cscript.exe , then that forces windows to look ONLY in the C:\ folder, not where the command is really found.

If my answer resolved or helped you, please mark it as Correct or Helpful to award points. Thank you!

Visit http://www.vcoteam.info & http://blogs.vmware.com/orchestrator
for vRealize Orchestrator tips and tutorials - @TechnicalValues on Twitter