VMware Cloud Community
kpcongdon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

programmatically changing workflow task name & description? __taskName & other __ special parameters?

I've been poking around the development documentation, working on a workflow that schedules another workflow to be executed at specified time/dates.  I've got things somewhat functional, but have some ideas for improvements that I'm trying to implement.

I came across an example in the Developers Guide that shows how to specify the name of a scheduled workflow at creation by using the special '__taskName' parameter which works as expected.  I'm curious, are there other special underscore parameters that I can use for more control over the scheduled workflows I create via javascript?  I attempted to use '__taskDescription', hoping to be able to write a descriptive description but that didn't appear to work.

Are there other underscore parameters similar to __taskName?  I don't see anything in the developer guide other than this one lone example.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

If you're going through vRA then the double underscore denotes system properties as well. For vRO, these usually aren't documented.

0 Kudos
kpcongdon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm only using vRO and not vRA.  I thought I had seen some more examples in the past, but I'm not having any luck finding them currently.  Thanks for the feedback

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I think the only other special parameters when scheduling a task are __username and __password

Also, there are few other __ values that can be used in OGNL expressions (they should be listed in developers guide).

0 Kudos
kpcongdon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the tip on OGNL, I'll look into that further

0 Kudos
kpcongdon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

No luck so far figuring out a way to programmatically change the description of a scheduled workflow.  This seems like it should be doable, but so far no luck.  If anyone has any idea's, either through java, or maybe via other means like the rest api, please let me know

0 Kudos
carl1
Expert
Expert

Two years and VMware has still not added a WorkflowToken.setName() method.  Tisk, Tisk.
0 Kudos