VMware Cloud Community
FTVDaniel
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

object construction

Hello,

I need to concatenate informations in an object to be able to link those objects

example I have a list of datastores I need to remove. I want to link them to the storagepod, the host and the canonical name

I want to create an object in the form

datastores     (table)

name               string

storagepod     storagepodobject

host               hostobject

CN               string

How can I create those type of object in javascript or is there a solution in the vcenter API ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

In Select DS scriptable task, there is an error at the end of for each loop, where you try to add obj element to objetTraitement array.

Instead of:

objetTraitement += obj;

it should be

objetTraitement.push(obj);

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The object can be just a collection of propertyname:propertyvalue elements, where the propertyname is a string representing the corresponding object field name, and propertyvalue is the corresponding object value of the filed. To construct it is easy:

var myname = "some name";

var myspod = ...; // storage pod value (of VC:StoragePod type)

var myhost = ...; // host value (of VC:HostSystem type)

var mycn = "some cn";

var obj = { "name" : myname, "storagepod" : myspod, "host" : myhost, "cn" : mycn }

You can use this object instance in the same way you use the other objects. Like

var arr = []; // create an empty array

var obj = { "name" : myname, "storagepod" : myspod, "host" : myhost, "cn" : mycn }

arr.push(obj); // adds object to the array

var pod = obj.storagepod; // retrieve the value of the storage pod field

0 Kudos
FTVDaniel
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

it works on one module but If I want to use the object Array in multiple Scripting modules

because I  remove an Array of Datastores so for each datastore I start a script module that need to push the obj object to the arr Array

tried to set the array in the first scripting module of the workflow but I  had an error  arr not an array

so I tried to set the arr Array in the module itself but the array is reinitialized at each datastore

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If possible, could you export your test workflows/actions and and attach them to this thread so I can take a look at the exact code?

0 Kudos
FTVDaniel
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

here is the test worlflow

you can delete the action used to filter the input datastores

the array I want to populate for each datastore is  "objetTraitement"

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hmm, I don't see anything attached.

0 Kudos
FTVDaniel
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

here it is

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

In Select DS scriptable task, there is an error at the end of for each loop, where you try to add obj element to objetTraitement array.

Instead of:

objetTraitement += obj;

it should be

objetTraitement.push(obj);

0 Kudos
FTVDaniel
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thanks ilian It works !

a last question How can we understand those types of error?

orchestrator sometime give the line number where the error is but in this case it speaks about Item?

how can I know which item it is ?

Workflow:supprime Datastore / Select DS (item7) : ch.dunes.model.type.ConvertorException: Not an Array

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Go to Schema tab in the workflow designer, and hover with the mouse over workflow items; a tooltip window will be shown containing item's label and item's number.

And usually, in case of error, the corresponding workflow item where the error is thrown is highlighted in red color.

0 Kudos