VMware Cloud Community
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

locking and unlocking actions and workflows in the IDE

First thing is it seems in 5.1 the little lock icon no longer appears when you have locked a workflow.  Can someone confirm for me this is a known issue?

Second is there an easy way to lock or unlock all workflows or actions in a folder?  As of right now it seems like I have to hit each individually.  I was thinking about writing a workflow to do this but if someone already has or if I am just missing something obvious I'd appreciate getting clued in.

Thanks!

Paul

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maverix7
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You can put the desired workflows in a package, then on the package you have the option to "Lock/Unlock All"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
cdecanini_
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Yes this is a known bug.

As far as doing it programmaticaly I do not think there is a method. I checked but found nothing relevant.

Christophe.

If my answer resolved or helped you, please mark it as Correct or Helpful to award points. Thank you! Visit http://www.vcoteam.info & http://blogs.vmware.com/orchestrator for vCenter Orchestrator tips and tutorials - @vCOTeam on Twitter
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Thanks for the confirmation. 

0 Kudos
maverix7
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You can put the desired workflows in a package, then on the package you have the option to "Lock/Unlock All"

0 Kudos
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Argh... I never noticed that.  Thanks!  That will work (it would be nice to also have at the folder level but I'll take what I can get).  Orchestrator makes me feel so young and alive.  I learn something new every day!

Paul

0 Kudos
maverix7
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Haha, nice to see it has this effect on you Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
robrtb12
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I just ran into this today where I needed to unlock hundreds of workflows, actions, etc.

Maverix7 - Thank you for this short cut!   Smiley Wink

0 Kudos